Thu, Mar 30|
Mindful Self-Compassion Essentials - In-Person
This group teaches you how to treat yourself with the same kindness you would extend toward a good friend when life is difficult. This group consists of 6 in-person, group sessions on Thursdays starting March 30th 2023 from 6:00-7:30pm and ending on May 4th 2023.
Time & Location
Mar 30, 6:00 p.m. – May 04, 7:30 p.m.
Thunder Bay, 8A Cumberland St N, Thunder Bay, ON P7A 4K9, Canada Suite 201
About the Event
About the Group:
This 6-week group provides you with exposure to mindfulness and self-compassion knowledge, skills, and practices in a briefer form. It is based on the full 8-week Mindful Self-Compassion group, with more of an emphasis on practical teachings and tools to manage daily stressors.
This group will help you to be able to:
- Practice self-compassion in daily life
- Use mindfulness and self-compassion meditation and behavioural practices for grounding to manage overwhelm
- Understand the empirically-supported benefits of self-compassion
- Motivate yourself with kindness rather than criticism
- Handle difficult emotions with greater ease
- Manage caregiver fatigue and burnout
Group activities include short talks, experiential exercises, group and small group discussion, and home practices.
Insurance receipts provided for extended health benefits.
- Check with your insurer to see what coverage is available for you for "group psychology services."
- Those with Indigenous Status are eligible for funding through NIHB and IRS programs.
- Some sliding scale spots are available based on financial need. Please inquire with Monique directly for further information.
Session 1 - WHAT IS SELF-COMPASSION?:
- Education on self-compassion, common fears/misconceptions, and research related to self-compassion.
Session 2 - PRACTICING SELF-COMPASSION:
- Education on physiology of self-compassion and self-criticism. Experiential mindfulness and self-compassion practices offered.
Session 3 - MY COMPASSIONATE VOICE:
- Education on concepts of emotional safety, compassionate choice-making, and motivation with compassion rather than criticism.
Session 4 - SELF-COMPASSION + RESILIENCE:
- Mindfulness and self-compassion practices to work with difficult emotions (e.g., anger, fear, frustration).
Session 5 - SELF-COMPASSION + BURNOUT:
- Education on stress, burnout, empathic distress, and caregiver fatigue. Self-compassion with equanimity practice for caregiver fatigue.
Session 6 - MY SELF-COMPASSION PRACTICE + CORE VALUES:
- Exploration of goals and core values in relation to one's life, relationships, and profession. Review of helpful practices and connecting with peers.