Mindful Self-Compassion Essentials - Online Group (6-week)
Time & Location
About the Event
This 6-week group provides you with exposure to mindfulness and self-compassion knowledge, skills, and practices in a briefer form. It is based on the full 8-week Mindful Self-Compassion group, with more of an emphasis on practical teachings and tools to manage daily stressors.
This group will help you to be able to:
- Practice self-compassion in daily life
- Use mindfulness and self-compassion meditation and behavioural practices for grounding to manage overwhelm
- Understand the empirically-supported benefits of self-compassion
- Motivate yourself with kindness rather than criticism
- Handle difficult emotions with greater ease
- Manage caregiver fatigue and burnout
Group activities include short talks, experiential exercises, group and small group discussion, and home practices.
Insurance receipts provided for extended health benefits.
Check with your insurer to see what coverage is available for you for "group psychology services."
Funding programs available for individuals with Indigenous Status through NIHB and IRS programs. Some sliding scale spots are available. Please inquire with Monique directly for further information.
Session 1 - WHAT IS SELF-COMPASSION?:
- Education on self-compassion, common fears/misconceptions, and research related to self-compassion.
Session 2 - PRACTICING SELF-COMPASSION:
- Education on physiology of self-compassion and self-criticism. Experiential mindfulness and self-compassion practices offered.
Session 3 - MY COMPASSIONATE VOICE:
- Education on concepts of emotional safety, compassionate choice-making, and motivation with compassion rather than criticism.
Session 4 - SELF-COMPASSION + RESILIENCE:
- Mindfulness and self-compassion practices to work with difficult emotions (e.g., anger, fear, frustration).
Session 5 - SELF-COMPASSION + BURNOUT:
- Education on stress, burnout, empathic distress, and caregiver fatigue. Self-compassion with equanimity practice for caregiver fatigue.
Session 6 - MY SC PRACTICE + CORE VALUES:
- Exploration of goals and core values in relation to one's life, relationships, and profession. Review of helpful practices and connecting with peers.
- MSC Group$250$2500$0