Mon, Oct 18|
Mindful Self-Compassion Online Group (6-week)
This group will provide the skills to help you to treat yourself with the same kindness you would treat a friend when life is difficult.
Time & Location
Oct 18, 2021, 7:30 p.m. – 9:00 p.m. EDT
About the Event
This 6-week group provides you with exposure to mindfulness and self-compassion knowledge, skills, and practices in a briefer form. It is based on the full 8-week Mindful Self-Compassion group, with more of an emphasis on practical teachings and tools to manage daily stressors.
This group will help you to be able to:
- Practice self-compassion in daily life
- Use mindfulness and self-compassion meditation and behavioural practices for grounding to manage overwhelm
- Understand the empirically-supported benefits of self-compassion
- Motivate yourself with kindness rather than criticism
- Handle difficult emotions with greater ease
- Manage caregiver fatigue and burnout
Group activities include short talks, experiential exercises, group and small group discussion, and home practices.
Insurance receipts provided for extended health benefits.
Check with your insurer to see what coverage is available for you for "group psychology services."
Funding programs available for individuals with Indigenous Status through NIHB and IRS programs. Some sliding scale spots are available. Please inquire with Monique directly for further information.
Mindful Self-Compassion Group
6-week, online group